Aug 16, 2012, 7:04 PM EST
The Phillies lost on Wednesday afternoon in Miami mostly because Greg Dobbs’ bat speed is perfect for a Roy Halladay offspeed pitch, the Phillies offense couldn’t put up much of anything, and the trio of B.J. Rosenberg, Raul Valdes, and Michael Schwimer pitched in a fashion they are accustomed to.
So naturally the conversation on sports talk radio this afternoon focused on these important details of the disheartening loss. Wait, sorry, I must have been playing my new Justin Bieber CD too loud to hear what they were talking about on the radio. What’s that? They were talking about the speed and effort with which Jimmy Rollins ran to first base on a routine ground out. I should have known!
Anyway, Charlie addressed the issue of Jimmy’s less-than-full hustle this evening in Milwauke prior to the team’s first of four against the Brew Crew. When asked, Cholly said he thought about pulling J-Roll last night, if you want to know the truth, and even thought about sitting him today. But you know what? Charlie talked to him this afternoon and Jimmy is in the leadoff spot and we’ll just see how things go.
Now that we’ve got that out of the way, let’s watch some baseball.
The Phils give the ball to Cliff Lee (2-7, 3.85) tonight as they take on right-hander Marco Estrada (0-5, 4.36) at Miller Park.
The Brewers had similar playoff aspirations to the Phillies coming into this season but they currently sit with two less wins than your Fightins.
To spice things up a bit, Charlie is going to throw Laynce Nix out in centerfield with Pierre in left and Browin in right.
Here’s your full Lineup:
Tonight’s lineup @ MIL: Rollins SS, Pierre LF, Utley 2B, Howard 1B, Brown RF, Nix CF, Frandsen 3B, Kratz C, Lee P.
— Todd Zolecki (@ToddZolecki) August 16, 2012
Don’t forget: 8:10 pm start time here due to Milwaukee’s location in the middle part of Merica.
|Marvin Monroe on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|Steve on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|t800m101 on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|2sentz on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Tiger Woods Denies Jason Dufner’s Auburn Angst on Twitter
- Vermeer’s Secret Tool: Testing Whether The Artist Used Mirrors and Lenses to Create His Realistic Images | Vanity Fair
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages