Aug 27, 2012, 1:43 AM EST
When it happened live and in full speed, Jayson Werth’s catch in the third inning yesterday didn’t look all that special, but when the broadcast slowed it down as they went to break it proved to be a rather unique grab.
Jayson Werth must have been paying attention to Old Man Moyer for all of those years because he most certainly used two hands on this catch. It was quite unconventional, however. Werth appeared to lose the fly ball in the sun and it just brushes off his glove but he somehow rather amazingly manages to still catch it with his bare hand that was positioned directly beneath his glove.
Hey, sometimes it’s better to be lucky than good.
Cliff Lee and the Phillies proved to be better on Sunday. Even if they did get a little bit of luck of their own.
You can watch video of the play above or check out the fantastic GIF below put together by Dan McQuade (@dhm):
|John McDevitt on Video: Zac Rinaldo racks up 27…|
|Marvin Monroe on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|somekat on Photo Essay: Patrick Chung wre…|
|BenE. on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages