Oct 19, 2012, 8:39 AM EST
After putting the blame squarely on his own shoulders the night before, Hunter Pence did exactly what he said he’d do on Thursday night and showed up hungry in an attempt to even the series with the St. Louis Cardinals. Hunger only gets you so far apparently.
Pence absolutely destroyed a baseball off of Adam Wainright in the second inning, but that was the only damage the Giants would do to the Cardinals right-hander. Meanwhile, the Cardinals got to Tim Lincecum, who lasted just 4.2 innings and gave up 4 earned runs.
The Cardinals lead the series 3-1 and will look to set a date for a rematch of the 2006 World Series with the Detroit Tigers who ended the New York Yankees season yesterday and captured the American League pennant.
Here’s video of Pence’s no-doubter:
|t800m101 on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|2sentz on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|Earl on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|FlyersFan on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Tiger Woods Denies Jason Dufner’s Auburn Angst on Twitter
- Vermeer’s Secret Tool: Testing Whether The Artist Used Mirrors and Lenses to Create His Realistic Images | Vanity Fair
- TV My Wife Watches: Q&A with Myself about the Upcoming Bachelor Season
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages