Sep 21, 2012, 9:53 AM EST
With all the caveats about the Phillies’ 2012 season being a disappointment overall, Thursday night’s demolishing of the New York Mets was pretty damn enjoyable. An eighth run first inning, a seven run ninth inning, Mets’ skipper Terry Collins calling out his team for quitting by not actually calling out his team for quitting.
The Mets. They just can’t play the game the way Juan Pierre does.
While the Phillies won on Thursday, they made up no ground in their playoff push. More on that here from Jim Salisbury.
Here’s Terry Collins’ postgame presser:
|luke jenkins on Video: Zac Rinaldo racks up 27…|
|dawkisgod on Snowballs fly in Washington, B…|
|Tom on The ‘Group of Death…|
|yishmeister on LeSean McCoy pulls Eagles slei…|
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages