Jul 24, 2012, 10:50 AM EDT
For as poorly as they’ve played for most of the season, at least the Phillies have been showing some fight as of late.
They won their first game of the season on Monday night when trailing after eight innings and they did so by putting up four runs in the bottom of the ninth. Ty Wigginton had the walk off honors, drilling a sac fly to score speedster Erik Kratz to win it. [video below]
Jimmy Rollins had some words for those at CBP who didn’t stay until the end:
All of you that left missed one hell of a 9th inning, for all that stayed…….let’s go streaking!!!
— Jimmy Rollins (@JimmyRollins11) July 24, 2012
And Chooch got in on the Matt Stairs-style ass pounding, GIF by @dhm:
It was also the first game of Joe Savery’s career which he pitched in and his team actually won. So that’s over with.
|fknboz on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|Andrew M on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|Mostel on Patrick Chung’s reign of…|
|Scott B on What happens on April 4th,…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return