Dec 17, 2012, 5:47 PM EST
Ruben Amaro Jr. recently (likely over the weekend before the John Lannan news broke) sat down with Tom McCarthy to answer questions submitted by Philadelphia Phillies season ticket holders. The two touch on a wide array of topics, from what he thinks of Ben Revere in center field, to what the GM’s parents were like, to what he felt about Carlos Ruiz being suspended for 25 games to start the 2013 season for using the banned stimulant Adderall.
Ruben on Carlos Ruiz:
“I think what it comes down to is competition. Guys get to the point where they feel like they might need an extra boost to take them to the next level. I believe — I don’t know this for sure, because I don’t know a lot of the background of the testing process and we don’t know many specifics about it — it’s something that happened at the end of the year. I know that Chooch, when we were making a run late in the season, I know he wanted to come back and play. Listen, he just made a bad choice. It’s something he shouldn’t have done. He knows it. He realizes it. He was very remorseful about it. It’s going to hurt us and it hurts me to have to deal with it. It hurts our club, but I know he feels terribly about it. I hope it’s a learning experience not just for him but for our players and the players behind him. It’s not like they’re not educated. They know exactly what’s wrong and what’s right.”
Ruben Amaro Jr.’s Favorite Sports Teams: The Flyers, the Eagles, the Sixers, the Union. Shocking and diplomatic, I know. He added he really enjoys watching hockey the most and has a great relationship with Paul Holmgren. He respects what the Union have done with the Sons of Ben, etc.
He’s going to spend his Christmas in the Poconos doing a little snow-tubing. He should totally invite Pedro Martinez and Charlie Manuel with him.
|David Seasholtz on Looking back at Philadelphia p…|
|Andrew Kulp on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|BenE. on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|Barry on This outlandish Penn State-the…|
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Tiger Woods Denies Jason Dufner’s Auburn Angst on Twitter
- Vermeer’s Secret Tool: Testing Whether The Artist Used Mirrors and Lenses to Create His Realistic Images | Vanity Fair
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages