Jun 18, 2013, 1:18 PM EST
Most kids want video games. Or maybe some cold hard cash. The kid shown at the Phillies game last night held up a sign saying that all he wanted for his birthday was a home run from Ryan Howard. A couple of years ago that may have been an easier wish to deliver on. Coming into last night’s contest with the Washington Nationals, the Big Piece hadn’t hit a ball out of the park in the entire month of June.
But little Jimmy was good this year and Ryan Howard crushed a ball into the second deck in the second inning of the game and everyone in Philadelphia was happy to see the kid get his wish.
The fan was quite prepared and even had a “thank you” ready on the flip side of his sign. Impressive.
Not only did the birthday boy get his wish of a Howard homer, but he also got to witness a Dom Brown walkoff winner. Pretty good birthday, kid.
|Marvin Monroe on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|somekat on Photo Essay: Patrick Chung wre…|
|BenE. on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|t800m101 on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages