Video: The Washington Nationals Celebrate NL East Crown While Losing to the Phillies in the 9th Inning
Oct 2, 2012, 1:52 AM EDT
The Washington Nationals are your 2012 National League East Champions.
We knew this was likely coming for weeks but it still seems so strange to see it become a reality. 2008 never seemed so long ago.
As you can see in the above video, the Nationals were losing to the Phillies on Monday night when the Pittsburgh Pirates defeated the Braves to clinch the division for Jayson Werth and his Nationals teammates.
Here’s the cover of today’s Washington Post:
via DC Sports Bog
As for Monday night’s game, the Phillies bested the division champs by a final of 2-0. Kyle Kendrick earned his 11th win of the season.
|Henry Corbitt on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|BenE. on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|Marcus Hayes on Exit Interviews: Evaluating th…|
|yishmeister on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money