Dec 6, 2012, 6:35 PM EST
You can usually spot the guys who have take their work home with them — meaning they read the papers/blogs, listen to the talk radio, watch the ESPiN — as opposed to the pros who keep their heads down and go about their business. Turns out, the latter was Vance Worley.
A legitimately-surprised Vanimal talked about the sudden end of his run with the Phillies, apparently not having heard over the past couple days that his name had come up as a potential trade chip. He didn’t sound overly enthusiastic to be heading to Minnesota, either, but it’s all part of the business.
Love the trade or hate it, I think we can all admit watching Worley develop into a quality starter was a fun ride for the fans. He finished third in NL Rookie of the Year voting in 2011 after going 11-3 with a 3.01 ERA, a nice helping hand in the Phils’ record-breaking 102-win season. Last year wasn’t the greatest, but he fought threw an elbow injury while the club was short-handed.
Good luck, Vance.
|brandonphilly on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|ifihad10weekstolives… on Sometimes you get kicked in th…|
|Andrew Kulp on 29th in the NHL in scoring, ha…|
|BenE. on Why the Flyers won the Talbot-…|
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Tiger Woods Denies Jason Dufner’s Auburn Angst on Twitter
- Vermeer’s Secret Tool: Testing Whether The Artist Used Mirrors and Lenses to Create His Realistic Images | Vanity Fair
- TV My Wife Watches: Q&A with Myself about the Upcoming Bachelor Season
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages