Nov 14, 2011, 4:51 PM EDT
The Phillies officially announced the signing of former Red Sox closer Jonathan Papelbon on Monday afternoon to a 4-year deal worth $50,000,058 with a fifth-year vesting option that could bring the deal to a toal value of $63 million. Oh, and that extra $58 bucks.
Papelbon is quirky like that.
He’ll be introduced in Philadelphia at 5:00 this evening. You can watch it live here. [video below]
New Papelbon jersey photo by John Finger
|FlyersFan on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|holyhumpinhanna on Nick Young throws out Phillies…|
|mehhhhh1 on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|chutley on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money