Aug 22, 2012, 4:28 PM EST
As our friend Gonzo wrote yesterday, things down at Citizens Bank Park feel a bit like the days of old… only a little different. So with playoffs out of the picture, we’ve got to look for other small pleasures, like 90s retro night and… Spacehog.
Yes, it’s 1990s retro night at the ball yard and the Phillies will be rocking the throwback unis during the game and fans will be treated to a Spacehog performance pregame.
It’s gonna get weird. Vance Worley takes on Bronson Arroyo. No Kevin Frandsen tonight, sadly. Polly is back in the lineup at third.
7:05 lineup per usual.
Here’s a list of some of the special happenings at CBP tonight, per the Phillies:
PHILLIES 1990’S RETRO NIGHT HIGHLIGHTS
Utley51639 4 x 6§ Retro Uniforms:
Both the Phillies and the Reds will be wearing 1991-era uniforms, the final season the Phils wore burgundy pinstripes.
‘90s Reunion Party in Ashburn Alley, 6:30 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Special celebrity look-alikes and characters from 1990’s TV and movies.
Phanavision Player Headshots:
Phillies players will be featured as TV & movie characters from the 1990’s.
Plenty of 1990’s entertainment:
Tommy Greene, author of a 1991 no-hitter and member of the 1993 NL Champions, will throw the ceremonial first pitch and take part in a pregame autograph session at the Phillies Authentics Shop on the Main Concourse from 5:45 p.m. – 6:15 p.m.
Pregame performance by Spacehog
Phanatic Spice will join the Spice Girls for their second reunion of the summer!
Return of the Wolf Pack!
Pregame reunion of popular radio personalities from ‘90s stations 103.9 WDRE and Y100 at McFadden’s from 5:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
Special ‘90s version of Citizens Bank Phan Trivia Challenge
Plus, plenty of in-game treatment from 1990’s music, movie clips, TV, trivia and more!
|Franchise on Marcus Vick: Nick Foles suppor…|
|connorgreg on Marcus Vick: Nick Foles suppor…|
|jpreshy on Watch Roy Halladay’s ret…|
|psudrozz on The 12 best photos from the Ea…|
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages