Nov 5, 2012, 12:16 PM EST
The Reading Phillies announced over the weekend that they’ll be making an announcement on November 17th to unveil the new name of their baseball franchise. After 46 years as the R-Phils, the team will be going through a rebranding process.
From the MILB website:
“Since 1967, the Reading Phillies have been proud affiliates of the
Philadelphia Phillies,” said Reading General Manager Scott Hunsicker.
“Our relationship is the longest affiliation in the minor leagues and
there has never been a better time to be a Phillies affiliate..
Considering the heritage and fun nature of Baseballtown, our entire
front office is extremely anxious to unveil and share our new name with
everyone on November 17th.”
Not only will you get a chance to learn the new team name on November 17th, but you can also visit with Santa or shop at the Hillbilly Hoff’s Baseblltown Yard Sale.
Now, much of the initial response I saw to Twitter over the weekend was the typical “I hate change!” reactions.
Given that the name change is now happening whether you like it or not, what do you think a solid team name for the team in Reading would be?
My favorite thus far:
call them the Reading Rainbows #RPhils
— Nick Menta (@cnmenta) November 4, 2012
|BenE. on Roy Halladay places ad in Dail…|
|Franchise on Roy Halladay places ad in Dail…|
|2sentz on The 12 best photos from the Ea…|
|Captain_Awesome on Photos and Time Lapse: This is…|
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages