Nov 5, 2012, 12:16 PM EST
The Reading Phillies announced over the weekend that they’ll be making an announcement on November 17th to unveil the new name of their baseball franchise. After 46 years as the R-Phils, the team will be going through a rebranding process.
From the MILB website:
“Since 1967, the Reading Phillies have been proud affiliates of the
Philadelphia Phillies,” said Reading General Manager Scott Hunsicker.
“Our relationship is the longest affiliation in the minor leagues and
there has never been a better time to be a Phillies affiliate..
Considering the heritage and fun nature of Baseballtown, our entire
front office is extremely anxious to unveil and share our new name with
everyone on November 17th.”
Not only will you get a chance to learn the new team name on November 17th, but you can also visit with Santa or shop at the Hillbilly Hoff’s Baseblltown Yard Sale.
Now, much of the initial response I saw to Twitter over the weekend was the typical “I hate change!” reactions.
Given that the name change is now happening whether you like it or not, what do you think a solid team name for the team in Reading would be?
My favorite thus far:
call them the Reading Rainbows #RPhils
— Nick Menta (@cnmenta) November 4, 2012
|dawkisgod on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|dawkisgod on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
|Jason R. on The Evster compares the Sixers…|
|Webuppp on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return