Feb 21, 2012, 7:42 AM EDT
Profound baseball mind that I have, one of the first things that began to bother me after learning that the Phillies had signed closer Jonathan Papelbon to a four-year, $50 million deal was, “I wonder what his entrance music will be…”
As closer for the Boston Red Sox, there probably isn’t a better fit than trotting in to “I’m Shipping Up to Boston” by The Dropkick Murphys. That ain’t gonna fly down here though, something Papelbon has already acknowledged. But, while Papelbon declared (thankfully) that he won’t be using anything from Rocky, Todd Zolecki says the closer isn’t giving any clues as to what his music will be.
Any guesses? Wishes?
My guess is, like many closers, he’ll go with some metal-ish stuff I’ve never heard of before.
Top of my wishlist? He stays within the comfort zone of The Departed soundtrack…
Probably need to cut it before that haunting vocal by Merry Clayton kicks in…
If you haven’t heard just the vocal track from Gimme Shelter, definitely give that a listen. (Headphones if you’re at the cubicle…)
|Stan on ‘Iverson’ document…|
|Jason R. on Nick Young throws out Phillies…|
|Marvin Monroe on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|2sentz on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money