Feb 21, 2012, 7:42 AM EDT
Profound baseball mind that I have, one of the first things that began to bother me after learning that the Phillies had signed closer Jonathan Papelbon to a four-year, $50 million deal was, “I wonder what his entrance music will be…”
As closer for the Boston Red Sox, there probably isn’t a better fit than trotting in to “I’m Shipping Up to Boston” by The Dropkick Murphys. That ain’t gonna fly down here though, something Papelbon has already acknowledged. But, while Papelbon declared (thankfully) that he won’t be using anything from Rocky, Todd Zolecki says the closer isn’t giving any clues as to what his music will be.
Any guesses? Wishes?
My guess is, like many closers, he’ll go with some metal-ish stuff I’ve never heard of before.
Top of my wishlist? He stays within the comfort zone of The Departed soundtrack…
Probably need to cut it before that haunting vocal by Merry Clayton kicks in…
If you haven’t heard just the vocal track from Gimme Shelter, definitely give that a listen. (Headphones if you’re at the cubicle…)
|Hiccup on Phillies announce ‘R U G…|
|sumkat on Flyers essentially swap Andrej…|
|Jim Anderson on Marlon Byrd claims Phillies ar…|
|kirk on Video proof that Wayne Simmond…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return