Nov 19, 2012, 3:34 PM EST
The new “Rocky: The Musical” made its debut in Hamburg over the weekend with none other than Sly Stallone in attendance. This has to be the best thing to hit Germany since the invention of the dirndl.
Sports Illustrated has a photo gallery of the big show that is supposedly going to hit Broadway in 2013:
The world premiere of Sylvester Stallone’s Rocky: The Musical took place Sunday at the Operettenhaus in Hamburg, Germany. Stallone teamed with heavyweight champions Vitali and Wladimir Klitschko to bring his classic 1976 film to the stage. The all-singing, all-dancing play is expected to transfer to Broadway in 2013.
You can see a few more photos over at SI.com or check out the description from the above AP photo:
Die Hauptdarsteller Terence Archie als Apollo Creed (l.), Wietske van Tongeren als Adrian und Drew Sarich als Rocky jubeln am Sonntag (18.11.12) im Operettenhaus am Spielbudenplatz in Hamburg waehrend der Schlussapplauses bei der Premiere des Musicals “Rocky”. 36 Jahre, nachdem der Film ueber einen Underdog-Boxer aus Philadelphia in die Kinos kam, ist die Buehnenadaption des Oscar-praemierten Kinofilms nun in der Hansestadt erstmalig als Musical zu sehen. (zu dapd-Text) Foto: Philipp Guelland/dapd
I thought the same thing. Looks like they went for more of a Little Mac look than the Italian Stallion if you ask me.
Here’s what Sly said in a statement, via an MSN music website:
In a statement, Stallone says, “I’m so happy. It’s amazing that the
Klitschkos are here and they’re giving birth to something that is first on the
planet. I’m proud of you guys. I’m proud of Hamburg. Thank you!” Vitali adds,
“Sylvester Stallone is the Pope of “Rocky.” Without Sylvester, nothing happens.
He’s given birth to the idea and we’ve had lots of fun during our cooperation.
We’re very convinced it will be successful.”
IMPORTANT UPDATE! Video! (mostly in German):
|Schmidsy on Video: If Chip Kelly calls a […|
|Marvin Monroe on The Evster breaks down this ye…|
|donny05 on Don Tollefson: Maybe not an al…|
|33 on The Evster breaks down this ye…|
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Tiger Woods Denies Jason Dufner’s Auburn Angst on Twitter
- Vermeer’s Secret Tool: Testing Whether The Artist Used Mirrors and Lenses to Create His Realistic Images | Vanity Fair
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages