Sep 10, 2011, 4:29 PM EDT
Cliff Lee (16-7, 2.47) is scary good, but also plain scary. As a hitter, I don’t know how you prepare to face a pitcher who has only given up two earned runs in his last six starts, and won his last seven. On television, it looks like a man is throwing a baseball, but standing at the plate, he must seem like a god hurling bolts of lightning.
So far, the Brewers have had trouble putting runs on the board this series to begin with. Save for two late scores in the ninth last night, Milwaukee previously had only managed three runs through the first 17 innings. It doesn’t appear things will get any easier for them tonight.
Cliff’s last appearance against the Brewers came back in April 20 at Citizens Bank Park, before he had a June and an August where he allowed a combined three earned runs. He went six innings, holding Milwaukee to three runs to earn a no decision in a 4-3 victory. Prince Fielder went 3-for-3 with a pair of RBIs, while catcher Jon Lucroy bashed a solo homer.
He struggled in his only other career start versus Milwaukee, getting hurt for seven earned over six innings on September 25, 2009. It was Fielder again, this time going 2-for-3 with four RBIs, including a three-run blast.
Meanwhile, you may be familiar with the man on the hill for the home team. Randy Wolf (12-9, 3.47) is having yet another quietly solid season, his 13th in Major League Baseball. He made himself right at home in the April series in Philly, shutting down the Fightins for six frames and picking up a W in a 9-0 romp.
In six career regular season starts against his former mates, Wolf is 3-2 with a 4.25 ERA. He usually brings it against the Phils.
|BenE. on Ghost Report: Murray Impressed…|
|MikeD on The Secret Service once threat…|
|Jason R. on Ghost Report: Murray Impressed…|
|your a fool on Ghost Report: Murray Impressed…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money