Sep 10, 2011, 4:29 PM EST
Cliff Lee (16-7, 2.47) is scary good, but also plain scary. As a hitter, I don’t know how you prepare to face a pitcher who has only given up two earned runs in his last six starts, and won his last seven. On television, it looks like a man is throwing a baseball, but standing at the plate, he must seem like a god hurling bolts of lightning.
So far, the Brewers have had trouble putting runs on the board this series to begin with. Save for two late scores in the ninth last night, Milwaukee previously had only managed three runs through the first 17 innings. It doesn’t appear things will get any easier for them tonight.
Cliff’s last appearance against the Brewers came back in April 20 at Citizens Bank Park, before he had a June and an August where he allowed a combined three earned runs. He went six innings, holding Milwaukee to three runs to earn a no decision in a 4-3 victory. Prince Fielder went 3-for-3 with a pair of RBIs, while catcher Jon Lucroy bashed a solo homer.
He struggled in his only other career start versus Milwaukee, getting hurt for seven earned over six innings on September 25, 2009. It was Fielder again, this time going 2-for-3 with four RBIs, including a three-run blast.
Meanwhile, you may be familiar with the man on the hill for the home team. Randy Wolf (12-9, 3.47) is having yet another quietly solid season, his 13th in Major League Baseball. He made himself right at home in the April series in Philly, shutting down the Fightins for six frames and picking up a W in a 9-0 romp.
In six career regular season starts against his former mates, Wolf is 3-2 with a 4.25 ERA. He usually brings it against the Phils.
|Marvin Monroe on The Evster breaks down this ye…|
|donny05 on Don Tollefson: Maybe not an al…|
|33 on The Evster breaks down this ye…|
|will on The Evster breaks down this ye…|
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Tiger Woods Denies Jason Dufner’s Auburn Angst on Twitter
- Vermeer’s Secret Tool: Testing Whether The Artist Used Mirrors and Lenses to Create His Realistic Images | Vanity Fair
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages