Sep 12, 2012, 9:03 PM EST
It was a heck of a day for Young James.
After the Phillies were being absolutely stifled by Josh Johnson (and the sun, let’s be honest), Jimmy Rollins finally broke up his no-hit bid in the sixth inning, would go on to score the tying run later in the inning, and gave the Phillies their seventh straight win with a home run on a rope in the seventh
Just when you think Cliff Lee is going to get another no-decision, Jimmy goes and does something like that. You sonofabitch, Jimmy!
Props to Cliff Lee, Phillippe Aumont, and Jonathan Papelbon for pitching a real solid game.
To add another cherry to the Phillies fantastic perfect 7-game homestand, the San Diego Padres defeated the St. Louis Cardinals 3-2 on Wednesday night.
That means the Phillies are currently 3 games out of the final wild card spot with 19 games left to play.
This is real.
Charlie Manuel was asked after the game if he thought they were now in the race for the final spot.
“Yeah, we in it. I say we dead in it. We’re in it pretty good.”
|Jagwaur on Why Philadelphia lost WrestleM…|
|karadakid on This Grantland profile on Andr…|
|Hextall on Why Philadelphia lost WrestleM…|
|Grammar Nazi on We’re comparing Michael…|
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages