Apr 16, 2012, 9:52 PM EST
The Phillies bats will be tested on their West Coast swing that gets under way this evening in San Francisco. After tonight’s spectacular pitching matchup of Roy Halladay (2-0, 0.60) and Tim Lincecum (0-1, 12.91) the Phils will get LHP Madison Bumgarner and RHP Matt Cain.
Little Timmy hasn’t had his best stuff to start the season and his 12.91 ERA demonstrates that but any time he takes the hill he could be a force.
From CSN’s “What You Need to Know:”
Halladay (2-0, 0.60 ERA) makes his third start of the season as the
Phillies look to again reach .500. Halladay has allowed eight
baserunners and one run in 15 innings this season. Doc is no stranger to
hot starts. In 2011, he gave up one run in his first 19 innings. In
2010, Halladay allowed one run in his first 21.
the other clubhouse, the Giants are looking for a bounce-back outing
from Tim Lincecum. The ace has struggled mightily in two starts this
season, allowing 11 earned runs in 7 2/3 innings. Lincecum’s 12.91 ERA
is the highest in baseball among pitchers with at least five innings.
His fastball velocity is down from 92.3 miles per hour last season to
90.3 this season.
Charlie’s lineup this evening: 1. Pierre, 2. Polanco, 3. Rollins, 4. Pence, 5. Victorino, 6. Nix (1B), 7. Ruiz, 8. Galvis, 9. Halladay.
Staying up for this one? 10:15 EST start this evening on TCN. My money is on Doc who has been filthy thus far in 2012.
|solidsender on We’re comparing Michael…|
|Chip Smelly on Chip Kelly doesn’t belie…|
|BenE. on Chip Kelly doesn’t belie…|
|Captain_Awesome on Why Philadelphia lost WrestleM…|
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages