Aug 22, 2012, 2:07 PM EST
Tough, tough loss for the Phillies last night after Cliff Lee pitched well for six innings before letting the lead go in the seventh. But if there was one real bright spot on the evening it was the play of third baseman Kevin Frandsen.
As you can see in the play above, Frandsen flashed some sick leather and helped get Lee out of a huge bases-loaded jam in the sixth inning. That wasn’t even his best play though. The play he made in the top of the ninth was even nastier (video here).
Oh, and then there was his huge RBI triple in the bottom of the eighth (video here) to tie things up to give the Phillies life.
Now, as some have pointed out, Frandsen is 30 years old, in his 9th pro season, and a lifetime .253 hitter. But that doesn’t mean he’s not going to get his look over the next month and a half remaining in the season.
Still, it’s not like Philadelphia fans only embraces superstars. See Wilson Valdez v. Scott Rolen.
Frandsen also received a couple of real loud ovations from the CBP faithful after his stellar play last night.
“He made two tremendous plays. He played a heck of a game,” Manuel said after the loss. “It’s tough to keep him out of the lineup.”
Finally, when my friend texted me after the game and I responded by telling her that I was walking down to the Phillies clubhouse to chat with the players, she responded, “Tell Frandsen I think he’s cute.”
So that makes it official. Frandsen is a new fan favorite.
|joe skal on Photo Essay: Patrick Chung wre…|
|BenE. on Video: Zac Rinaldo racks up 27…|
|Mick on Video: Zac Rinaldo racks up 27…|
|mike on Video: Zac Rinaldo racks up 27…|
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages