Apr 17, 2013, 4:01 PM EDT
The Phillies and Red will resume last night’s suspended game in just about an hour from now. It’s an unusual situation that doesn’t happen very often so here are the details for those wondering.
From the game notes:
The Comcast Network (TCN) will begin tonight’s TV coverage at 5:00 p.m. with Phillies PreGame Live … Both the conclusion of Tuesday night’s game and tonight’s regularly scheduled 7:10 p.m. game will be televised on TCN … Radio coverage will begin at 5:25 p.m. on the Phillies Radio Network (WHPT 1210 AM/WIP FM 94.1), with both games being aired live
Surely you remember the last time a Phillies game was suspended: the legendary and gloriously bizarre Game 5 of the 2008 World Series. Geoff Jenkins. All that. I was there, man.
But prior to that you have to go all the way back to August 9, 1982. It was the second game of a double header with the Pirates. They finished it the next day.
Here’s a quick refresher on what happened early in the game that will resume at 5:30. It will be the bottom of the ninth and the Reds will have Zach Cozart, Joey Votto, and Brandon Phillips due up.
Aumont? Papelbon? Who you like pitching for the Phils? Have a bad feeling about this? Tonight could go quite poorly for the Phils if the Reds end the first game with just a few pitches.
o/u on number of outs/innings the first game goes? I’ll 7 outs.
|galasso2586 on 3 Stars: Sloppy Flyers complet…|
|Marvin Monroe on 3 Stars: Sloppy Flyers complet…|
|Jason R. on Jason Akeson doesn’t deserve t…|
|that guy on Jason Akeson doesn’t deserve t…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money