May 28, 2013, 4:43 PM EST
It seems Ruben Amaro isn’t the only one who doesn’t care about walks.
Domonic Brown is your National League Player of the Week because he’s raked of late, hitting .348 in 23 at-bats with two home runs, seven RBI and five extra-base hits in six games. He hasn’t only been walk-less during the judgment period in question. He hasn’t walked all month.
Yes, a .348 OBP is still pretty decent — especially by Phillies on-base standards — whether or not it’s basically an extension of your batting average, and Brown should still be considered for an upward bump in the Phillie order, maybe permanently. Just brace yourself for when Brown slumps (or even hits .280 as he has this month), as all power hitters inevitably do, and doesn’t draw walks to cushion the blow.
You know, the precise reason why walks are so valuable in the first place.
|2sentz on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|Marvin Monroe on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|dawkisgod on Video: If Chip Kelly calls a […|
|David Seasholtz on Looking back at Philadelphia p…|
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Tiger Woods Denies Jason Dufner’s Auburn Angst on Twitter
- Vermeer’s Secret Tool: Testing Whether The Artist Used Mirrors and Lenses to Create His Realistic Images | Vanity Fair
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages