Aug 28, 2013, 1:30 PM EST
Every day we march closer to Saturday’s 3:30 p.m. kickoff (NBC / 97.5 The Fanatic), I feel less in love with this Temple (+30) number a lot of locals are all over. And that’s not because I like ND (-30) either.
My buddy Bill will explain why:
— Nick Menta (@cnmenta) August 28, 2013
You want lock-solid action this weekend though? Put down everything you have on at least one Brian Kelly “I’d kill you if I had a better option” look in the direction of his senior quarterback, Tommy Rees.
If you want to know about Tommy’s playing career, his success working against a blitz, his meltdowns against coverage, or just what the hell happened to that Everett Golson kid, click here.
But the rest of this post is dedicated to one of my favorite sports storylines of the last three years — right up there with anything related to Jay Cutler.
I assure you, there is no FBS quarterback that has been berated by his head coach on national television more than Tommy Rees. I thought I was alone in my fascination with their dynamic until I started asking people about it and realized that others were seeing exactly what I was. And then a few weeks ago, when I was looking for a way to photoshop Stella the Owl onto the N.D. sideline, I found AP and USA Today photogs had captured it better than I could write it.
Worth note, a good number of these are from the Notre Dame-Michigan night game at Big House in 2011, when Rees went 27-for-39 for 315 yards, three TDs and two INTs, while Denard Robinson threw up pieces of absolute garbage to score 28 points in the fourth quarter and rally the Wolverines to a 35-31 win. Enjoy:
|willh888 on Cowboys lose, Eagles take over…|
|psudrozz on Here’s a lovely Winter W…|
|2nd Seed on Cowboys lose, Eagles take over…|
|dakotaandotter on Roy Halladay places ad in Dail…|
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages