May 19, 2013, 4:57 PM EDT
Holy crap. That was one of the more improbable endings to a Phillies game we’ve ever seen. After Delmon Young worked a leadoff walk in the bottom of the ninth off of Aroldis Chapman, Charlie Manuel decided to use Cliff Lee as a pinch runner. That didn’t work out real well.
Cliff Lee got picked off at first base on a total boneheaded mistake. And the Phillies awful weekend kept getting worse.
Until Erik Kratz destroyed a Chapman offering deep into the seats to tie things up at two a piece. [video]
Then Freddy Galvis blew the roof of the place by ripping a walkoff home run down the left field line. It was so damn enjoyable because — holy crap! — what are the odds of the Phillies winning in that bizarre fashion?
Baseball is a funny game.
more coming… AP Photos
|shopping.google.nl on Hunter Pence Rides ‘Let…|
|Chutley on Snapshots: Flyers draw even in…|
|sfsu on Snapshots: Flyers draw even in…|
|Chutley on Ghost Report: Murray Impressed…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money