Oct 30, 2013, 12:30 PM EDT
Following up on AU’s fantastic reminder that the NBA Draft Lottery is a tricky thing, I thought it worthwhile to point out another smart person’s take on Andrew Wiggins.
Sir Charles spoke to Sports Illustrated (via CSN) recently about the Sixers and their future. The quote that I enjoyed in particular was when asked about the presumed No. 1 pick in next year’s draft, Kansas freshman Wiggins.
“First of all, no. Why would I watch a high school player? That’s stupid,” Barkley said. “I’ve heard all the stuff. OK, he’s a great high school player. Let me see what happens when he gets to college. When people ask me who will be the Rookie of the Year, I say, ‘I don’t know.’ The guys have played against college players. Nobody expected Damian Lillard to win Rookie of the Year. I will watch the Wiggins kid play when I start watching college basketball. I am not going to project how great he will be. I mean, Kwame Brown was a great high school player.”
Ahhhh, it burns. IT BURNS.
Love you, Charles.
The SI piece also has Barkley on record saying he’s a fan of the move to keep Nerlens Noel out this season. So at least we get a little Chuck love. Even if it’s for not playing someone.
|holyhumpinhanna on Nick Young throws out Phillies…|
|mehhhhh1 on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|chutley on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|willh888 on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money