Mar 1, 2012, 3:13 AM EDT
Another game lost in the final minutes with story lines we’re all too familiar with around this Sixers team. Solid effort and real nice defense couldn’t overcome the awful rebounding and inability to hit shots in the fourth quarter when they mattered most.
It’s easy to point at the final plays of the game, and that would ignore the first 46 minutes of solid play, but we’re going to do it anyway. First, the inbound play to Lou Williams who was double teamed and failed to get a shot off; Coach Collins basically put the blame on his shoulders once again, noting he tried everything he could to get his team a bucket and he simply failed them there. The frustration was evident.
And then there was the offensive rebound by Russell Westbrook on Kevin Durant’s missed free throw that basically was the final nail in the coffin. While Westbrook is about as beastly a player as the NBA has to offer, Andre Iguodala simply can’t allow that to happen. An exclamation point on the fact that the Sixers allowed OKC wayyyyy too many offensive boards and second and third-chance points.
|Stan on ‘Iverson’ document…|
|Jason R. on Nick Young throws out Phillies…|
|Marvin Monroe on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|2sentz on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money