Oct 17, 2013, 1:42 PM EST
Of course not. Don’t be ridiculous.
Technically, it is possible though—and not just in an alternate reality. LeBron James could use the early termination clause in his contract with the Miami Heat to become a free agent in 2014, at which point 30 NBA general managers would sprint to the nearest phone and call his agent. When the greatest basketball player in the world is available, you have to at least inquire.
So if 76ers GM Sam Hinkie gets LeBron on the horn, what are the odds King James could be lured to Philadelphia? You probably have better odds of getting struck by lightning while cashing in the jackpot-winning Powerball ticket, right?
At least one person thinks there is a route from South Beach to Broad Street. Eliot Shorr-Parks for NJ.com writes at length on the reasons why LeBron James in Philly—yes, the LeBron James—might not be as far-fetched as, say, the plot to NBC’s hit new show The Blacklist.
When searching for a potential landing spots, you have to think LeBron will be looking for a number of things. The checklist will probably look something like this
1) Ability to sign another top-notch free agent
2) Supporting cast
5) Franchise Stability/History
So there is why LeBron could sign in Philadelphia. Are some of them stretches? Sure. Is there a ton of factors that could change between now and then? Absolutely.
But one thing is a fact: the Sixers are at least putting themselves in a position to be in the discussion, something a good portion of the league can’t say.
Is LeBron coming to Philly? Still no. C’mon, man, get out of here with that business.
But we can dream. And as dreams go, this one is laid out pretty well. The 76ers most certainly do meet a lot of the criteria James might be searching for. If you’re willing to suspend your disbelief almost entirely, it’s worth a read.
>> LeBron to the Sixers? Not as crazy as it sounds [NJ.com]
|wheeeeeeee.com on Phillies sign pitcher formerly…|
|Hiccup on Phillies sign pitcher formerly…|
|Chip Smelly on Video: Danny Briere talks fond…|
|2sentz on Video: Danny Briere talks fond…|
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages