Sep 4, 2013, 2:07 PM EST
Sad news for those in the #BeWell camp.
According to an overnight report from TMZ, Royce White’s ex-girlfriend has filed a police report stemming from an incident between she and White earlier this summer.
We’ll let TMZ handle the details:
We know … White’s ex-girlfriend Tania Mehra — a Maxim model — filed a police report on August 30 to report an incident that went down at Royce’s Houston-area home back in June.
According to law enforcement, records show someone called 911 on June 22, 2013 to report a laceration above Tania’s right eye. Cops say at the time, Tania claimed she suffered the injury from an “accidental fall.”…Cops tell TMZ, “The victim said she had lied earlier because the suspect played for the NBA and did not want the incident to damage his career.”Law enforcement also tells us, “The victim stated that White had assaulted her after she became angered by his advances toward her friend.”…Sources connected to the investigation tell us … Tania claims Royce also grabbed a candleholder and threw at at her during the altercation … but it missed, instead smashing into a mirror and causing it to shatter.
Very important to note that the case is still under investigation by police and no charges have been pressed against White at this time.
White, traded to the Sixers earlier this summer from the Rockets, has been having a very public battle with an anxiety disorder since he was a teenager. His issues with travel and stance on exactly who should be in charge of diagnosing his mental health led to White missing his entire rookie season in Houston.
PhillyBurbs’ Tom Moore reported last week that it’s actually the Rockets, not the Sixers, who are paying White’s $1.7 million salary this year.
The Sixers have until Oct. 31 to exercise White’s team-option for the 2014-15 season, otherwise he becomes an unrestricted free agent.
TMZ’s report comes less than a week after White’s non-profit, Anxious Mind’s Inc., partnered with Bee Busy Wellness Center to announce the creation of the Royce White Institute of Mental Health in Houston, aimed at providing free mental healthcare to the city’s residents.
|2nd Seed on Cowboys lose, Eagles take over…|
|dakotaandotter on Roy Halladay places ad in Dail…|
|Chucky on Roy Halladay places ad in Dail…|
|Jay D on Cowboys lose, Eagles take over…|
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages