May 5, 2012, 3:00 PM EDT
The Sixers unveiled a rather unique player introduction on Friday night prior to their game 3 victory over the Bulls. Many mocked the team pumping up the new intros on Twitter before the game, but after sitting in the stands and watching them last night, they were pretty damn cool.
Four gigantic pieces of cloth were draped down from the scoreboard and an impressive pump up video was projected onto them from all angles. It was a great intro to get the Wells Fargo Center juices pumping.
Not to be out done, they brought out Dr. J to present the game ball. Erving was recently named an official adviser to the team.
Dr. J.’s first role as an adviser to the team? Trying to hang out with Sixers’ sideline reporter Molly Sullivan apparently. [via @dhm]
|Stan on ‘Iverson’ document…|
|Jason R. on Nick Young throws out Phillies…|
|Marvin Monroe on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|2sentz on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money