Sep 12, 2013, 1:38 PM EST
The Sixers on Thursday continued to fill out what was once an almost non-existent backcourt with the signing of third-year guard Darius Morris.
Morris, 22, will sign a partially guaranteed contract for the 2013-14 season, but is expected to make the 76ers’ roster and play meaningful backcourt minutes this season.
ProBasketballTalk writes that the deal is actually for two years, but since it’s not guaranteed, it also kind of isn’t for two years.
PBT also offers this nice little summary of Morris’ last season in L.A.:
Darius Morris couldn’t crack Mike D’Antoni’s tight rotation last season with the Lakers. He played sparingly until injuries in the playoffs forced D’Antoni’s hand and Morris started Game 3 against the Spurs in the first round. Morris put up 24 points (on just 15 shots) and had six assists, but he got torched at the other end of the floor and was a -28 in the Lakers 31-point blowout loss.
Some quick housekeeping notes on the roster, the Sixers’ backcourt now consists of Morris, Michael Carter-Wiliams, Tony Wroten, James Anderson and Jason Richardson, who is expected to miss at least a substantial part of the season, if not the whole thing.
With camp coming up, the Sixers now have 14 guys under contract (number includes the still-technically-unsigned Noel and Carter-Wiliams). Three guys — Morris, Anderson and Tim Olbrecht — are not guaranteed.
That list of 14 does not include foreign draft picks 2013 second-round selection Arsalan Kazemi or Furkan Aldemir, acquired from the Rockets along with Royce White.
The Inqy’s Keith Pompey reported a few weeks back that GM Sam Hinkie “said he will make roster moves ‘in a lot of ways’ in the weeks leading up next month’s training camp” and that he would like to have the maximum number of guys (20) in camp. Pompey then speculated that former Temple Owl Khalif Wyatt, who impressed in summer league, could receive one of the extra invitations.
>>How Sam Hinkie can blow up the Sixers next summer
|willh888 on Take a hike, Tom Brady: Eagles…|
|BenE. on Take a hike, Tom Brady: Eagles…|
|t800m101 on Video: Sean Couturier is too m…|
|Marvin Monroe on Nick Foles gets the Sports Ill…|
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages