Jul 9, 2013, 11:54 AM EST
Scott O’Neil was introduced as the new CEO of the Philadelphia 76ers yesterday and made a pit stop with Michael B. and Gonzo on Philly Sports Talk Live to get his feet wet. O’Neil told a story about his days working with the Eagles back in the Bobby Hoying era and wearing a suit up into the 700 level on one of his first days on the job.
“I’d never been to Veterans Stadium,” O’Neil says. “My first game I show up in a suit. I’m a man of the people, I get out there. Everybody says ‘The 700 Level, you don’t want to go up there.’ So I went up there, in a suit, and I’ll never go back. I had to look up some of the words they were calling me.”
A humbling experience indeed.
And here’s a tip to O’Neil: go ask the guy you’re replacing just how much Philly fans have changed over the years. Still ruthless ’round these parts.
|trishb on Roy Halladay places ad in Dail…|
|charlie d on Jonathan Papelbon’s ugly…|
|sfsu on Cole Hamels, Cliff Lee, Dom Br…|
|willh888 on Cole Hamels, Cliff Lee, Dom Br…|
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages