Sep 16, 2013, 4:05 PM EDT
I spent a lot of time at sporting events over the weekend and no other play left me scratching my head more than the goal from the Philadelphia Union that was later whistled away. But what happened on Keon Daniel’s free kick that landed in the back of the net but was never counted as a goal? How can they call offsides when nobody else touched the ball? Was it even an offsides call? What was the call? So many questions.
CSNPhilly.com contributor Ryan Bright attempted to explain the explanation over the weekend:
“I think he said I was offsides, then he said I was obstructing the goalie,” Okugo said. “He has to make a decision. If it’s offsides, it’s offsides. If it’s obstruction, it’s obstruction. Keon played a great ball and the goalkeeper misread it. I was the closest guy to him.”
Kadlecik worked to explain the play in detail.
“When the ball was played, the Union player was judged to be offsides, so therefore he was penalized for being offsides on that play,” Kadlecik said. “The offsides player interfered with the keeper. It didn’t matter if it was physical or not. If they’re offsides, they are interfering with play.”
Got that? No? Yeah, me neither.
|puckstopper27 on Nick Young throws out Phillies…|
|sfsu on Snapshots: Flyers draw even in…|
|twine time on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|THOM on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money