Jun 13, 2012, 2:08 PM EDT
First it was the players as Sebastien Le Toux, Danny Califf, and Danny Mwanga were all sent packing from the Union in trades. And at their 2:00 pm press conference today, the Philadelphia Union announced that head coach Peter Novak has stepped down from his role.
“Over a period of time we determined that we were no longer on the same page between ownership and Peter’s philosophy of managing the team,” CEO Nick Sakiewicz announced.
Sakiewicz said the move was not about wins and losses, noting his team has performed “very well on the pitch.”
“This is more about philosophical differences,” he said.
Nowak will be replaced by John Hackworth on an interim basis.
Nowak began as a popular figure as the first coach of the franchise, but less than three seasons in, there will be few fans unhappy to see him go. From the highs of making the playoffs in their second season to the lows of selling three of the most popular players in the third, there are more questions than answers at PPL Park.
Are you unhappy at the state of the team left in his wake? More than a few certainly are.
|puckstopper27 on Nick Young throws out Phillies…|
|sfsu on Snapshots: Flyers draw even in…|
|twine time on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|THOM on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money