Apr 29, 2013, 3:52 PM EDT
For whatever reason, there seems to be a trend of local newscasts bringing in celebrities or athletes to jump in during the weather forecast portion of the show to try and generate a few yucks while also getting a free plug for their movie/game/whatever. Mark Wahlberg was actually decent recently while in Philly. Because basically he attempted to make a fool of himself and all involved. But goal-scoring machine for the Philadelphia Union, Jack McInerney, was not trained in Hollywood. He’s trained on the soccer field. So when he appeared on CBS today to deliver the weather, it did not go as smoothly.
So, people of Philadelphia, please go see a Union game this summer, or at least purchase a t-shirt at your local Modell’s. Just so they don’t make poor Jack Mac do the weather again.
As a low pressure system flows across the Delaware Valley, Jack said he didn’t “know what the ‘L’ means.”
Union fans are hoping that’s still the case on Saturday.
|phillyphanatic77 on Ghost Report: Murray Impressed…|
|Hiccup on Cliff Lee struck out 13 Braves…|
|Chutley on Ghost Report: Murray Impressed…|
|Mostel on Cole Hamels gives the most Col…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money