Rome Soccer Thugs with ‘knives, brass knuckles, belts and iron bars’ Make Philly Sports Fan Look Like Mother Theresa
Nov 26, 2012, 12:18 PM EST
There’s fans throwing down with some fisticuffs at a football game and then there are European soccer hooligans planning anti-Semetic attacks on opposing team’s fans. A trio of local college kids studying abroad got caught up in an awful scene in Rome over the weekend.
The Daily News’ Bill Bender has the story:
The Telegraph said the attack at The Drunken Ship pub was
“meticulously planned” by up to 50 Italian “ultras” armed with knives,
brass knuckles, belts and iron bars. The pub, located in Rome’s Campo de
Fiori square, is popular among expatriates and foreign students, the
British newspaper reported.
That’s just stupid.
It sounds like the Swarthmore kids will be okay, but this goes to show you to never trust anyone whose last name ends in a vowel who also cares too much about sports.
>>Rome Soccer Thugs attack Swarthmore trio [Daily News]
|dawkisgod on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|dawkisgod on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
|Jason R. on The Evster compares the Sixers…|
|Webuppp on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return