May 24, 2011, 1:26 PM EDT
Carlos Ruiz of the Union netted an amazing long goal off a failed free kick attempt, putting a left-footed boot off the crossbar from long distance [video]. The goal immediately got a few “goal of the year” comments and linked just about everywhere. But, as great as it was, I’m not even sure it was the best goal of the MLS weekend.
Take a look at this free kick by local product Bobby Convey of the San Jose Earthquakes…
Not quite the distance of Ruiz’s, but the precision factor comes heavily into play with this perfectly placed ball.
I’m torn. Both damn good goals. You?
|Phil From Mt Airy on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|fknboz on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|Andrew M on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|Mostel on Patrick Chung’s reign of…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return