May 24, 2011, 1:26 PM EDT
Carlos Ruiz of the Union netted an amazing long goal off a failed free kick attempt, putting a left-footed boot off the crossbar from long distance [video]. The goal immediately got a few “goal of the year” comments and linked just about everywhere. But, as great as it was, I’m not even sure it was the best goal of the MLS weekend.
Take a look at this free kick by local product Bobby Convey of the San Jose Earthquakes…
Not quite the distance of Ruiz’s, but the precision factor comes heavily into play with this perfectly placed ball.
I’m torn. Both damn good goals. You?
|Jim on Debating the Sixers’ 201…|
|Marvin Monroe on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|Justin on Video: This is what an NFL pla…|
|Kelley jackson on ‘Iverson’ document…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money