Sep 8, 2011, 11:27 AM EDT
After the first half of last night’s Union game against the New England Revolution at PPL Park, many fans were uttering profanities as rapidly as the Revs were putting balls past Zac MacMath. Confidence levels in the Philly soccer team were dropping like the barometric pressure before another hurricane, but one thing helped change all of that. There’s simply no quit in the Union’s game. They showed again last night that they’ll fight ’til the bitter end for a point. [full video highlights below]
The team needed a win pretty badly, and it looked for a long while like they were in store for an absolute thrashing, but Le Toux led an impressive second-half charge that brought them back from down 3 goals and earned them a point.
Although they didn’t get the three points they desperately wanted, the fight to the finish may be a huge boost to a struggling team that has another match coming at home this weekend. It was also just an impressive feat to watch. Down three goals, most teams roll over and start watching the clock tick towards 90. Not this squad.
And Freddy Adu netted his first goal for the Union on a sweet ball from Danny Mwanga.
photo from the Union Facebook page
|willh888 on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|Gregg on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|bruiserbrigade on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|Stupid Jackass Who W… on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money