Feb 10, 2006, 11:53 AM EDT
Ready for The Flying Tomato? That’s what they are calling Shaun White at NBC. Is this one of the worst sporting nicknames of all time? I think I would rather be called Carrot Top II or something. Damn.
You don’t need a program to identify the teenage sensation from sunny
Southern California. Just look for the mop of red hair flowing from
under his helmet as he smoothly turns 1080s and other big-air tricks,
such as the ones he performed in soaring to X Games gold.
I think the Olympics are much like the Superbowl in that pretty much everyone can have some interest in it. While Sid will likely be enjoying the figure skating portions, I will be looking forward to the Hockey, Ski, and Snowboard events. The Men’s half pipe will be on Sunday February 12th.
Wondering what to expect in this year’s Olympics? Watch the NBC preview video of team USA bellow or check out a page dedicated to the Olympic athlete’s who are easy on the eyes. Or check out Google’s blog to learn about how you can view maps and pictures of Torino.
|clubberlangphila on Exit Interviews: Evaluating th…|
|Renee on Steve Mason will start Game 4…|
|Renee on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|Jim on Debating the Sixers’ 201…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money