May 24, 2006, 12:56 AM EDT
I watched some of it on MLB.tv, I followed some of it on MLB Gamecast, I had someone attempt to give me play by play over the phone, and I heard the end of it on MLB audio. Ryan Madson came in to do some long relief and did an impressive job. But if you throw enough pitches, Madson threw 105 in relief, eventually one is going to get smacked. Carlos Beltran hit a bomb in the bottom of the 16th inning to give the Mets the win. It’s a tough loss and just another kick in the teeth to the Phillies and their fans. The Phillies had the game within grasp before Ryan Franklin came in to blow a comfortable 3 run lead in the 8th. Billy Wagner made his first appearance against his former squad and pitched a shutout inning. It’s been a tough stretch for the Fightins.
It’s exhausting being a Phillies fan, but it is a long summer.
|Phil From Mt Airy on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|fknboz on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|Andrew M on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|Mostel on Patrick Chung’s reign of…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return