May 24, 2006, 12:56 AM EDT
I watched some of it on MLB.tv, I followed some of it on MLB Gamecast, I had someone attempt to give me play by play over the phone, and I heard the end of it on MLB audio. Ryan Madson came in to do some long relief and did an impressive job. But if you throw enough pitches, Madson threw 105 in relief, eventually one is going to get smacked. Carlos Beltran hit a bomb in the bottom of the 16th inning to give the Mets the win. It’s a tough loss and just another kick in the teeth to the Phillies and their fans. The Phillies had the game within grasp before Ryan Franklin came in to blow a comfortable 3 run lead in the 8th. Billy Wagner made his first appearance against his former squad and pitched a shutout inning. It’s been a tough stretch for the Fightins.
It’s exhausting being a Phillies fan, but it is a long summer.
|Jim on Debating the Sixers’ 201…|
|Marvin Monroe on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|Justin on Video: This is what an NFL pla…|
|Kelley jackson on ‘Iverson’ document…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money