Jan 13, 2014, 8:13 AM EDT
The big Eagles news over the weekend involved DeSean Jackson and money again, only this time he lost some and is even offering it up rather than asking for more.
Jackson’s Philadelphia residence was reportedly burglarized between January 6 and 10, and the star wide receiver is offering a $50,000 reward for information that leads to an arrest. Among the property that was stolen: cash and jewelry valued at $300k and a pair of semi-automatic handguns.
Here is the statement released on Jackson’s behalf:
“DeSean is clearly upset that his home was burglarized while he was out of town on vacation,” the statement said. “He has always felt very safe in his community, and it concerns him someone would victimize his place of residence.
“He had personal items, jewelry and a small amount of money taken in the burglary, however the amount that has been previously reported is inaccurate. The large sum that was taken was in items. He thanks everyone for their concerns, and he is confident the Philadelphia police department will find the suspects at large.”
So there you go, Philly. If you have any information on this crime, not only can offer your assistance to one of our professional athletes, you can get paid in the process. The manhunt is on.
|ochospantalones on The Sixers lost obviously but…|
|Hiccup on Phillies announce ‘R U G…|
|sumkat on Flyers essentially swap Andrej…|
|Jim Anderson on Marlon Byrd claims Phillies ar…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return