Aug 29, 2009, 10:58 AM EDT
Sure it’s gimmicky, but if you can’t get a laugh out of 70s nights at MLB ballparks, you may be trying too hard. I chuckled like a Phillies grandma when I saw the pictures of the guys PS’d with ridiculous 70s gear, especially a normally stoic guy like Chase Utley decked out in Saturday Night Fever gear (which, oddly enough, Shane Victorino still rocks).
We also got to see the revival of the Hot Pants Patrol, a moment in Phillies history we wish were celebrated more than once a year.
Never mind that dude on the right, screwing up the frame.
But perhaps the best mash-up moment from last night’s promotion was seeing Ryan Howard decked out in pimp gear, just a second before he got his pimp on, blasting his first of two homers on the night.
We even got to hear Wheels recite the lyrics of Shaft. Next up was Jayson Werth, whom Wheels believed evoked thoughts of the Beatles during their “yoga phase.”
Does that not look familiar, Shane? And, speaking of the Hawaiian…
More Hot Pants Patrol pictures here.
|PurdueAlum or @cjray… on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|gov on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|JOn on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|Renee on The Phillies plan to ask MLB t…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money