Jan 15, 2014, 12:46 PM EDT
We’ll actually do this in reverse order of the headline. Both of these pictures come from 11points.com, which mined them from Sports Illustrated’s archive.
First up is a 35-year-old Larry Brown. The year is 1975 and Brown is the head coach of the ABA’s Denver Nuggets. The NBA and ABA would not merge until 1976. These denim overalls would not go out of style until …
Forget that. He should be coaching his 11-4 SMU team in the same outfit today. Brown and the Mustangs come to Philly on Feb. 16.
Separate but related, it’s hard to imagine there were times these two guys didn’t get along.
I guess the better point would be that the picture of Brown coaching in overalls was taken the same year Iverson was born. Imagine what they’d do 26 years later.
Goofy as the overalls are, I’ve been looking at this picture over and over again the last two days.
7-foot-7 Manute Bol doing literally anything is a photo opportunity.
The picture is from 1990. I prefer to believe it’s from aboard a Caribbean cruiseliner.
|ochospantalones on The Sixers lost obviously but…|
|Hiccup on Phillies announce ‘R U G…|
|sumkat on Flyers essentially swap Andrej…|
|Jim Anderson on Marlon Byrd claims Phillies ar…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return