May 19, 2011, 12:53 AM EST
The700Level.com is a Philadelphia sports website. It provides news, analysis, commentary, photos, videos, and pretty much everything a Philly sports fans wants from a sports website.
The site is named after the legendary section of Veterans Stadium where the rowdiest, most passionate fans cheered on their beloved Philadelphia sports teams. This site carries on the tradition of those passionate fans by discussing all things Philly sports fans love to talk about while at the game or sitting at the bar.
Enrico started the site way back in 2003 and ran it all by his lonesome for almost three years. That’s when Matt P. came on board to provide his Flyers insight, grammar support, and sage guidance. A couple of years after that, Kulp started to tell us everything we didn’t know about the Eagles, Andrew helped revive our love of the Sixers, Rev taught us about soccer, and Nick tried to get us interested in college athletics.
In March of 2010, The700Level.com was acquired by Comcast SportsNet and is now part of the CSNPhilly.com family. Enrico now runs the site full time and retains full editorial independence.
Enrico Campitelli Jr. (email)
According to wikipedia:
The 700 Level referred to the cheap seats in the upper deck of Veterans
Stadium in Philadelphia. Usually the most rowdy fans were there,
especially at Philadelphia Eagles games and to a lesser extent
Philadelphia Phillies games. In his book, If Football’s a Religion, Why
Don’t We Have a Prayer?, Jere Longman described the 700 Level as having
a reputation for “hostile taunting, fighting, public urination and
general strangeness.” Due to an improvement in facilities, an increase
in security, and a lower tolerance for fan misbehavior, there is no
equivalent in either Lincoln Financial Field or Citizens Bank Park. The
name has also been the inspiration for websites relating to
Philadelphia sports, as well as a weekly “Letters to the Editor”
section in the Sunday Sports pages of The Philadelphia Inquirer.
Many Philly fans still talk about the “700 Level”, but this refers to a state of mind rather than an actual physical place.”
|Mike on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|Mostel on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|Dom on Why the upcoming free agency b…|
|The Evster on The Evster compares the Sixers…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return