Jan 17, 2006, 9:02 AM EDT
It didn’t take long for Chris Webber to change his tune. A week ago he was all about putting the team first. This morning’s Sacramento Bee says Webber is unhappy and wants to be put in a situation where he can play more ball. For those not paying attention to the Sixers, CWebb sat the entire fourth quarter of the Sixers victory over Seattle on Wednesday night.
By late Wednesday night, Chris Webber was sitting nearly alone at
the far end of the visitor’s locker room in Seattle, speaking in hushed
tones the way he often does, even when the words can startle.
"I don’t like this role," he said. "So, you can take that however you want."
Webber doesn’t like being a second-half bit player for the Philadelphia 76ers. So, he will force a resolution.
Play him as Chris Webber or trade him.
"I’m not going to keep playing like this," he said.
If Chris Webber used to have the power to force a GM to move him, he certainly doesn’t have it any longer. His contract is gargantuan. The Inquirer this morning noted that if any team were to deal for him it would be only to get his contract off the books, exactly what the Sixers should be waiting to do.
Nothing like an unhappy baller making $20 million a year.
|Mike on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|Jason R. on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
|bt on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
|charlie d on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return