Jun 27, 2008, 2:22 PM EST
A.J. Daulerio has been named the successor to the great Will Leitch to take over editing duties at Deadspin. The Internet’s most popular and powerful sports blog is now run by a paisan from Philadelphia.
As many of you know, A.J. spent about a year at Philadelphia Magazine before leaving to become a Senior Writer for the site he is now taking over. We hear there may be some major changes to the direction of the site
and look forward to following along for the ride.
A new staffer, Clay Travis, will also be joining the fold.
We just hope there’s
still plenty of Balls Deep.
Congratulations to A.J. and we look forward to the new direction he
will take the site in. He’s got big shoes to fill but he certainly has
the writing chops and reporting skills to pull it off. Plus, he’s an Eagles fan. We know our shit.
We’d be remiss not to give praise to Will on his way out the door. Deadspin has been one of our favorite daily reads over the past few years, almost entirely due to Will’s voice, and its success has certainly helped sites like this one gain in popularity.
Will is moving on to write for New York magazine and we’ll look forward to reading him there as well as at The Sporting News. He also won’t be disappearing from Deadspin completely where he hopes to maintain a Tom Brokaw type roll as elder statesman.
Best of luck to both Will and A.J. in their new endeavors.
We’ll leave you with this tribute video put together by the brilliant J.E. Skeets.
|Kunk on The Evster reviews Wawa’…|
|t800m101 on Video: All hell breaks loose a…|
|sundresses cheap on Joey Crawford is the best, unh…|
|CashOnly on Video: All hell breaks loose a…|
- We Found This 20-Year-Old T-Shirt In Kenya. The Internet Found The Original Owner : Planet Money : NPR
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages