Feb 13, 2005, 6:29 PM EDT
His 60 points was the highest by any NBA player this year topping Jermaine O’Neal’s 55 a month ago. It is the third most among active players behind Tracy McGrady and Mr. Shaquile O’neal.
The Magic simply couldn’t stop him. They tried Philly native Jameer Nelson along with Steve Francis, but simply couldn’t contain A.I. He hit 24 of 27 free throws.
"I have never witnessed a performance like this in person," O’Brien said. "This is the greatest performance I ever witnessed."
Even the Magic were mesmerized by Iverson. "I haven’t seen a performance like that [ever]," said Magic rookie Dwight Howard, who had 11 points, 13 rebounds and two blocked shots. "Sixty points, that’s amazing."
Iverson outscored the rest of the Sixers, 60-52. "We’re all players, but we’re also fans of the game," said Kyle Korver, who scored 12 points. "We all appreciate someone who can go score 60 points."
|willh888 on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|greg on Playoff hockey returns to the…|
|chester on Watch Cliff Lee, who is awesom…|
|chester on It doesn’t matter what w…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money