Feb 13, 2005, 6:29 PM EDT
His 60 points was the highest by any NBA player this year topping Jermaine O’Neal’s 55 a month ago. It is the third most among active players behind Tracy McGrady and Mr. Shaquile O’neal.
The Magic simply couldn’t stop him. They tried Philly native Jameer Nelson along with Steve Francis, but simply couldn’t contain A.I. He hit 24 of 27 free throws.
"I have never witnessed a performance like this in person," O’Brien said. "This is the greatest performance I ever witnessed."
Even the Magic were mesmerized by Iverson. "I haven’t seen a performance like that [ever]," said Magic rookie Dwight Howard, who had 11 points, 13 rebounds and two blocked shots. "Sixty points, that’s amazing."
Iverson outscored the rest of the Sixers, 60-52. "We’re all players, but we’re also fans of the game," said Kyle Korver, who scored 12 points. "We all appreciate someone who can go score 60 points."
|eaglegreen on Mosher: DeSean Jackson’s…|
|ochospantalones on The Sixers lost obviously but…|
|Hiccup on Phillies announce ‘R U G…|
|sumkat on Flyers essentially swap Andrej…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return