Jul 13, 2006, 12:35 PM EDT
On the same day when Stephen A. Smith says A.I. isn’t going anywhere, the Sixers do the exact opposite by trading Allen Iverson to the Clippers for Corey Maggette, Shaun Livingston, and a future 1st round pick.
I’ve said in the past that I never wanted the Sixers to trade Allen Iverson, but it is likely a wise decision. Maggette is 26 and has some good ball left in him. Livingston is only 20 years old and was the 4th overall pick in 2004. They got some young talent along with a draft pick. Couldn’t really hope for much more in my opinion.
My initial reaction: It’s not horrible by any means, but the reality of trading Allen Iverson hurts. Damn.
What are your first thoughts on the deal?
|clubberlangphila on Exit Interviews: Evaluating th…|
|Renee on Steve Mason will start Game 4…|
|Renee on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|Jim on Debating the Sixers’ 201…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money