Jan 15, 2007, 1:47 PM EDT
Being a fellow Boston College grad, it was nice to hear a fellow Eagle on Philly sports talk radio when I first flipped on 950 back when you guys started at WPEN a few months ago. Then I listened to 15 minutes of you and Gregg Henson speaking. It’s a sad state of sports talk when listening to a morning show on 950 makes you yearn for the ego-maniacal, chauvinistic sounds of Angelo Cataldi. I might not be able to stand listening to Angelo but I do believe he is very good at what he does. Morning radio in this city is pathetic for someone interested in hearing about actual sporting news. What does it take to hear some intelligent sports conversation between 6 and 9 am? If I wanted to listen to fat men eating, I’d drive down to Tony Luke’s. If I wanted to listen to strippers talk about their talents, I’d get Sirius and listen to Howard Stern. Why is it so hard to find a Philly guy on a Philly talk radio show? Gargano is fun, Mike Kearn makes me want to listen to Michael Smerconish — at least he has Sal Pal on sometimes. Philly born people don’t know how to talk on the radio or something? To be honest, if I’m listening to sports talk radio in the car in the morning I typically flip back and forth between WIP and WPEN when one goes to a commercial.
For the record, I’m a fan of 950, specifically Jody MacDonald’s show
from 3-7. Jody is one of the few sports talk personalities I thoroughly
enjoy listening to (Macnow, Ray Diddy). The reason I’m writing this is because of your Folstradamus "character." Glenn, for the love of God and your own self respect, please never ever do that bit again. It’s quite possibly the worst thing my ears have ever heard. For those unfamiliar with the bit, 950 makes them available online for a brief period of time. You can download Folstradamus’ 1/12/07 picks for this past weekend over at their site here.
So Glenn, do everyone a favor and keep your quatrains to yourself. Just talk more sports, please.
The 700 Level and The City of Philadelphia’s Ears
PS: What do you think of the new guy Jags up in Chestnut Hill?
|yishmeister on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|コーチ アウトレット 正規品 on A Comprehensive Guide to the B…|
|puckstopper27 on Nick Young throws out Phillies…|
|sfsu on Snapshots: Flyers draw even in…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money