Mar 3, 2008, 6:27 PM EDT
Sixers PG Andre Miller was a guest on the Jody Mac show this evening on 950 WPEN. A couple of minutes into the interview, I was debating with myself whether or not he was THEE worst interview of all-time, or just Top 5. Then, outta nowhere, he became interesting.
After an introduction and the requisite basketball talk, Jody MacDonald started asking a subdued, sidetracked Andre (his hotel phone kept ringing) about his contract situation, his desire to stay with the team and feelings on Philadelphia. He didn’t sound too enthusiastic…
Jody Mac: Have you or your agent talked to the Sixers at all about doing a possible contract extension?
Andre Miller: No.
JM: Do you want to?
AM: I don’t know, it’s too early to worry about that stuff right now.
JM: If it were me, I’d at least start thinking about it.
Do you enjoy it here in Philly? Do you like it here in Philly? Do you wanna stay here in Philly?
AM: Well, you know I’m a west coast boy so.. ya know.. I mean, Philly’s alright, ya know, as long as I got a job, I’m happy.
JM: (laughing) As long as the check shows up on the 15th & 30th, right?
A wise man once said, "As long as somebody ‘CTC,’ at the end of the day I’m with them." Still, you’d like to see a player be a tad more excited about playing in Philly than, "It’s alright."
Hear it for yourself, after the jump.
|puckstopper27 on Nick Young throws out Phillies…|
|sfsu on Snapshots: Flyers draw even in…|
|twine time on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|THOM on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money