Sep 30, 2005, 6:47 PM EDT
Arguably the two greatest coaches in the history of the Eagles will face off again on Sunday at 4:15 in Arrowhead Stadium. Andy Reid has said recently that Dick Vermeil always treated him well, but he sure wants to beat him.
Sunday’s game seems to be the least predictable of the year thus far. There are lots of questions that are tough to answer. How will Donovan play through the pain? Will the pain get worse? How effective will the Eagles’ D be at containing the Priest/L.J. combo? How will our new no-name kicker fill David Akers shoes?
I can’t remember the last time the Eagles were an underdog in a regular season game. Arrowhead is a tough place to play, but I don’t see K.C. having enough to beat the birds. I think Donovan will continue to impress by fighting through the pain. This game, much like the fate of all Eagles’ fans hinges on the chest of number 5. Keep an eye out for Dante Hall, he could be a difference maker. This is a game the birds could lose.
When coming up with my pick for this week I consulted my younger sister:
me: what do you predict for the Birds on Sunday?
her: F Kansas. I’m a believer.
We taught her well.
Eagles 24 Chiefs 20
|puckstopper27 on Nick Young throws out Phillies…|
|sfsu on Snapshots: Flyers draw even in…|
|twine time on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|THOM on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money