Dec 20, 2011, 4:04 PM EST
From getting blown out by the 49ers in the dark of night to getting blown up by a masked super-villain in the The Dark Knight (Rises, that is), yesterday was a bit of a rough going for the Pittsburgh Steelers.
By now you’ve probably heard of the multiple power failures that caused substantial delays during the team’s 20-3 loss at Candlestick on Monday Night. You’ve probably also heard of a little indie movie called Batman 3 or something that’s due to hit theaters this coming July.
What do these stories have in common? Well, we’re happy to report that the Steelers are on the losing end of their performances in both.
[Tom Hardy murders everyone not named Hines Ward after the jump]
For background, director Christopher Nolan and his crew made extensive use of the city of Pittsburgh this past summer to shoot sequences for their follow-up to the 2008 Batman film The Dark Knight. Over that time, there were reports that scenes had been staged inside team’s home of Heinz Field, and that multiple Steelers would be filling up the roster of the Gotham Knights football squad.
We now know, thanks to the film’s recently released second trailer, exactly what Nolan and company intended to do with that footage. Check out the video below to witness Hines Ward run for his fictional life.
|bt on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
|charlie d on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|dawkisgod on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|dawkisgod on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return