Dec 20, 2011, 4:04 PM EDT
From getting blown out by the 49ers in the dark of night to getting blown up by a masked super-villain in the The Dark Knight (Rises, that is), yesterday was a bit of a rough going for the Pittsburgh Steelers.
By now you’ve probably heard of the multiple power failures that caused substantial delays during the team’s 20-3 loss at Candlestick on Monday Night. You’ve probably also heard of a little indie movie called Batman 3 or something that’s due to hit theaters this coming July.
What do these stories have in common? Well, we’re happy to report that the Steelers are on the losing end of their performances in both.
[Tom Hardy murders everyone not named Hines Ward after the jump]
For background, director Christopher Nolan and his crew made extensive use of the city of Pittsburgh this past summer to shoot sequences for their follow-up to the 2008 Batman film The Dark Knight. Over that time, there were reports that scenes had been staged inside team’s home of Heinz Field, and that multiple Steelers would be filling up the roster of the Gotham Knights football squad.
We now know, thanks to the film’s recently released second trailer, exactly what Nolan and company intended to do with that footage. Check out the video below to witness Hines Ward run for his fictional life.
|wholesale Senior Bow… on ‘Who’s That Guy?…|
|clubberlangphila on Exit Interviews: Evaluating th…|
|Renee on Steve Mason will start Game 4…|
|Renee on At least Evan Turner didn…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money