Dec 5, 2005, 10:38 AM EDT
Following up with my post yesterday on the National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum, I thought I’d show some of the fine beers one can get that are brewed right in Cooperstown.
There’s the Cooperstown Brewing Company which features a number of beers with baseball themes such as the Nine Man Ale, Old Slugger Pale Ale, and Benchwarmers Porter (all pictured). If you look closely you can notice the bottle caps of these beers are little baseballs. If you hit up a bar/restaurant in Cooperstown which has these brews on tap, you will notice the tap handles are tiny baseball bats.
There’s also Brewery Ommegang: "Based on traditional Belgian farmhouse architecture and set on a former
hop farm in upstate New York, Brewery Ommegang was born with the
philosophy that truly unique ales must be built from the ground up." The two bottles pictured are the Rare Vos Amber Ale and the Three Philosophers Quadrupel. I haven’t tasted either of the Ommegang brews yet, but have sampled some of the baseball ales and enjoyed them quite a bit.
|IlliniGlory on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|sfsu on The Phillies plan to ask MLB t…|
|sfsu on Should Ray Emery or Steve Maso…|
|sfsu on Ray Emery will go again for Fl…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money