Dec 5, 2005, 10:38 AM EST
Following up with my post yesterday on the National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum, I thought I’d show some of the fine beers one can get that are brewed right in Cooperstown.
There’s the Cooperstown Brewing Company which features a number of beers with baseball themes such as the Nine Man Ale, Old Slugger Pale Ale, and Benchwarmers Porter (all pictured). If you look closely you can notice the bottle caps of these beers are little baseballs. If you hit up a bar/restaurant in Cooperstown which has these brews on tap, you will notice the tap handles are tiny baseball bats.
There’s also Brewery Ommegang: "Based on traditional Belgian farmhouse architecture and set on a former
hop farm in upstate New York, Brewery Ommegang was born with the
philosophy that truly unique ales must be built from the ground up." The two bottles pictured are the Rare Vos Amber Ale and the Three Philosophers Quadrupel. I haven’t tasted either of the Ommegang brews yet, but have sampled some of the baseball ales and enjoyed them quite a bit.
|bt on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
|charlie d on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|dawkisgod on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|dawkisgod on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return